Villa Horatio is a luxury villa on 3 levels. It is a 4 bedroom 4 bathroom exclusive self-catering luxury holiday home. It is situated on the Simons Kloof mountainside, directly above the historic Simon’s Town village with breath-taking views of False Bay and overlooking the quays. It is walking distance to Simon’s Town below. Villa Horatio has 3 King size, extra length bed bedrooms, with 1 twin bedroom with ¾ beds. It also has hairdryers, a safe, percale cotton linen, 2 en-suite and 2 private bathrooms with all amenities. The main bedroom with a full en-suite bathroom also has a sleeper coach for children 10 years or younger. This bedroom is on the upper level of the Villa with a private terrace overlooking the pool with spectacular views over the bay.
As you enter the Villa, with its spacious open plan entrance, you recognize how tastefully decorated, with modern furnishing the accommodation is. There are 2 lounges; the TV lounge has DSTV (satellite) with a full bouquet. There is a built-in gas fireplace for those chilly winter evenings. There is a fully equipped kitchen, a dining room leading to a courtyard. There is free Wi-Fi making this your home from home with plenty living space for holiday relaxation. This entrance level has 2 bedrooms with their own private bathrooms. One bedroom with an extra length King size bed with a small private balcony. The second bedroom has Twin ¾ beds with the adjoining wrap around balcony from the entrance overlooking the pool and amazing views. Going downstairs to the lower level you will find an extra length King size en-suite bedroom with beautiful mountain views.
The Villa has a superb covered patio area with built-in Gas Braai, the grassed areas are artificial making this hygienic & perfect for family outdoor entertainment.
Villa Horatio is within walking distance to the shops in Simon’s Town and Jubilee Square where the statute of the dog, ‘Able Seaman, Just Nuisance’. This legendary Great Dane’s life & story continues to capture the hearts of visitors to Simon’s Town being the only dog ever to be enlisted in The Royal Navy.
Historic Simon’s Town is located at the heart of the Cape Peninsular. The Town boasts many different activities from swimming with the penguins at Boulder beach, kayaking, shark cage diving, sailing, fishing, eating out or walking on the many beaches in the area. Just a few kilometres away, the Cape Point Nature Reserve and Cape of Good Hope is home to many different types of animals including the largest antelope in Africa, ‘The Eland’. There are 250 different birds in the rich Fynbos region recognised by UNESCO as a world heritage site.
Simon’s Town is known for its gorgeous beaches, rich history, and the colony of African Penguins that call it home. Quaint buildings line the Town, against the backdrop of mountains with immeasurable picturesque hiking trails. The coast hugs the main road; a walk along the main road offers spectacular sea views and the chance to spot whales between June and November. Along the way you’ll find fantastic restaurants, craft markets, and plenty to do with kids. There are also many other activities, mentioned above, for the more adventurous at heart.
Simon’s Town is 38km South of Cape Town City Center but only meters away from some of the safest and best beaches of Cape Town.
The Cape Point vineyard is close by where you can enjoy feasting and wine tasting, even now during Covid-19. The Constantia wine route is also close-by starting just 19,5Km away at the Steenberg wine estate with excellent restaurants and wine tasting, there are also more than a dozen wine farms on the wine route with many more restaurants along the way.
In the Villa there is much information about many local attractions, some of which you can walk to, other are a short drive or you can spend the day going further afield. A trip to Hout Bay over Chapman’s Peak Drive 15km away is a site not to be missed.
Villa Horatio is modernly equipped, elegantly furnished and decorated offering guest luxury and comfort throughout. Amenities include:
- Satellite TV
- Safety deposit boxes
- Washing machine & Tumble dryer
- Top quality linen and towels
- Swimming pool towels
- Hair dryers
- Bathroom amenities
- Baby cot and highchair (on request)
- Free Wi-Fi internet access in all areas
- Cleaning service Tuesdays and Fridays
- Gas BBQ facilities
- Private off street parking for 4 vehicles
- Sun loungers
- Pets not allowed
- Private Plunge Pool
T’s and C’s:
- This self-catering luxury Villa can accommodate up to 8 adults and 2 children with ease.
- The accommodation is R6,500 per night. And a minimum stay of 3 nights.
- The Villa is serviced twice weekly inside and twice weekly outside.
- Bookings are made via the booking enquiry form on this page.
- To confirm a booking a 50% deposit is required.
- For bookings confirmed within one month of arrival, the balance of 50% owing must be paid on or before arrival.
- For confirmed bookings two months or more before arrival, the balance of 50% owing must be paid 30 days before arrival.
- There will be a small refundable charge for damages and breakages.
- Check in time is after 14:00
- Check out time is at 10:00 a.m.
We follow a strict Covid-19 protocol at the Villa:
- The Villa is thoroughly cleaned before your arrival, (and again after your departure.)
- Staff wear masks at all times.
- Staff clean inside the house Tuesday and Friday’s and outside patio’s and garden are cleaned on Monday’s and Thursdays.
- Hand sanitiser is used by the staff throughout the day, complimentary hand sanitisers are available in the Villa
The cancellation fee during this time of Covid -19 is: of money deposited, either, the deposit paid or total amount paid, a 90% of that fee will be refunded.
Villa Horatio can ensure you can access a list of services in the area; these include:
- Massage service
- Virgin active Gym
- Beauty services (manicure, pedicure, facials etc.)
- Laundry Service close by
- Babysitting by arrangement
- Medics on call and Doctors rooms
- Boat and yacht trips
- Excursions with Luxury Car
- Luxury Car with Driver
- Local Golf Clubs, Simon’s Town, Clovelly, Westlake.
- Car, bicycle, motor bike hire
- Taxi arrangements
- Airport transfers
- Water sports and scuba diving
- Information on local attractions
- Visit Penguins, Ostrich Farm, Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Visit seal island for a 1,5 hour trip to see the colony of Cape Fur seals
- Visit seal Island to see the Great white sharks in season May to October
- See the Southern right whale in season June to November
- Boat trips in the bay to see different species which live in the bay
- Visit Kalk Bay, the quaint fishing village, 8km away.
- Visit the 8km Long beach in Kommetjie with magnificent white sand
- Surf at surfer’s corner on one of the best surf beached in Cape Town 10km away in Muizenberg.