Custom built on the mountainside above the Simon’s Town harbour, Mariner Guesthouse & Villa is within walking distance of restaurants and beaches and offers breath-taking sea views across False Bay. We pride ourselves on offering style comfort and friendly hospitality.
As an owner-managed business, we are flexible and attentive to our guests’ needs and offer a standard of service that is professional, yet personal. We look forward to making the stay of our guests unforgettable!
Facilities & Services:
Our eco-friendly guest house was architecturally designed with space, comfort and luxury in mind. The décor is an elegant combination of classic and modern, with a light maritime touch to complement. The 10-bedroom building extends over four levels with a double-volume lounge and fireplace, while the dining area has large picture windows and opens onto a protected veranda where guests can enjoy a hearty breakfast (Available to our Swop and Stay guests at R160 per person, for a self-help Continental Buffet and a-la-carte hot breakfast to order.).
Free Wi-Fi throughout
Flat-screen TVs with DSTV
Bar fridge with tea/coffee facilities and microwave
Air-conditioning / heating / hairdryer / electronic safe
Mini-library and information desk
Shuttle service to local attractions and restaurants
Rooms Serviced Daily
Off street parking
Continental and a-la-carte cooked Breakfast served daily
Picnic baskets, snack platters and other meals available upon request
Panoramic Sea and Mountain Views from every room
Simon’s Town offers the best of both worlds. Just minutes away from hiking trails, the beach and other outdoor activities, this quaint town is also close to shopping centres, sports stadiums, theatres and the Cape Town city centre.
Boulders Beach &African Penguin Colony -1km
Boat Trips, Whale Watching& Shark Cage Diving -1km
Scratch Patch Mineral World – 5km
Cape Point National Park &Cape of Good Hope -10km
Cape Point Vineyards – 5km
Cape Point Ostrich Farm – 15km
Chapman’s Peak – 15km
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner (Hall of Fame)
TravelGround “Top Accommodation in Cape Peninsula”
Responsible Tourism Africa Award
Top ratings on all listing sites
4-Star TGCSA Grading
- Check-in time is from 2 pm on the arrival date, and check-out before 10 am on the day of departure. Please make prior arrangements with the manager on duty if you anticipate a late check-out.
- Extra beds are available for children to share with adults on request.
- Noise policy: Please always consider other guests and keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Smoking policy: Kindly note that NO SMOKING is allowed inside the house. Please make use of the balconies for this purpose and close the balcony doors while smoking outside.
- Visitor’s policy: Guests are welcome to entertain visitors in the public areas of the Guesthouse, but no visitors are allowed in the rooms. Visitors who want to stay over will be charged.
- Safety & Security: We are thankful to live in a safe town and neighbourhood, but guests are requested to remove all items from their cars when parked outside. We are happy to keep luggage in our office. Please also lock balcony doors and garden gates when you leave the house to go out for the day.
- Eco-friendly and environmentally conscious: Please think twice before making use of the bath or the air-conditioner/heater in your room. Simon’s Town generally has moderate temperatures. This convenience is meant to offer comfort on the occasional VERY hot or cold days. Thank you for assisting us in our effort to use energy and our natural resources responsibly.
We look forward to welcoming you!